Student Enrollment Procedures
We appreciate your assistance in applying on behalf of your students. The following are the instructions for completing the application process.
- Complete and submit an application form for enrollment at Mentora College.
- Pay the one-time-only Registration fee and the Tuition fees for the first three sessions.
- Provide Mentora College with a copy of the student’s passport with at least 6 months validity. The expiration date must extend at least 6 months past the date of return to the student’s home country.
- Provide evidence that the student has adequate funds to support his/her studies and stay in the United States.
- Evidence of funds can include letters from banks, bank statements or a letter from an employer mentioning position and salary. (No more than three months old.)
- If a student has a sponsor, the evidence must be from the sponsor, not the student:
- If the sponsor is in the United States, the sponsor must complete an Affidavit of Support (I-134 Form). This Form can be picked up at Mentora College or downloaded from the USCIS website (www.uscis.gov).
- If the sponsor is outside the United States, the sponsor must write a simple letter stating he/she will be financially responsible for the student.
All documents must be translated into English and currencies converted to dollars. You can have the letters faxed to +1 (202) 677-7529 or emailed to email@example.com. You can pay any fees to Mentora College via email or over the phone by calling +1 (202) 644-7200.
- If the student is transferring from another U.S. institution, please enclose a copy of the student’s I-20, a copy of the passport information page, a copy of the front and back of the I-94 and a copy of the student’s visa.
- If the student is under 18 years old, he/she must provide a Parental Release Form for emergency medical care and trip participation.
- Once you have given Mentora College these four items (Copy of passport, application, registration and first three months tuition fees, evidence of funds), we will issue your student an I-20 and a Letter of Acceptance. You may either pick these up from Mentora College or we can send them to you for a delivery fee. Please see courier fees.
- You must then pay the SEVIS fee. This can be paid at www.ice.gov/sevis/i901/. Simply click on “File the SEVIS I-901 Form online.” Make sure to print out the receipt for your student’s records before closing the screen.
- Call your student’s US Consulate to find out what documents they will need to bring with them for their meeting.
- After your student’s visa is granted, please contact Mentora College to receive the pre-departure information and so we can send your student our online placement test to determine their English level.
- Students must contact Mentora College no later than three days after arrival in the US.
Get our latest offers, promotions & delivered straight to your inbox